1 files changed, 11 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/modules/enterprise/agent/src/main/resources/agent-configuration.xml b/modules/enterprise/agent/src/main/resources/agent-configuration.xml
index 6de61ac..8ef78c9 100644
@@ -610,13 +610,18 @@ commands named "config", "setconfig" and "setup" and the command line options
- Defines the delay between merging newly committed resources into the inventory
- and kicking off a discovery to discover their child resources.
+ Defines the delay between merging newly committed or modified resources with
+ the inventory and kicking off a discovery to discover their child resources.
Once the RHQ administrator imports a server or platform into the inventory,
- the agent is notified about that action and such resources are "merged" into
- the agent's inventory with a "committed" status signifying that they are of
- interest to RHQ. This setting then configures the speed with which the child
- resources will appear in the inventory afterwards.
+ or a connection settings change is made on a resource, the agent is notified
+ about that action and such resources are "merged" into the agent's inventory
+ with a "committed" status and updated details.
+ This setting defines the delay between the agent notifying such change and
+ performing the discovery to find if the change made any difference in the
+ children of the resources in question.
+ Note that in the case of newly imported resources, their immediate children
+ are discovered immediately. It is only the further levels that are governed
+ by this setting.
The value is specified in seconds.